Jobs at LASM
Below is a listing of job opportunities currently available at LASM. Please contact LASM about these open positions only.
Position Type: Full time, exempt
Education, Experience, and Aptitude:
The successful candidate will possess: experience managing and performing all duties and responsibilities associated with the custodial upkeep of a large public facility; substantial experience hiring, training, scheduling and supervising custodial personnel; the initiative and aptitude to perform light maintenance projects; and a working knowledge of basic computer operations and software.
• Capable of performing manual labor including light maintenance and custodial duties
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Experienced manager of personnel
• Superior organizational and time management skills
• Effective team leader and team member
• Ability to develop and implement plans and projects
• Resourceful self starter
• Possess a valid Louisiana drivers license
Job description: The successful Building Supervisor advances the museum’s mission by: maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe interior and exterior environment; directing and supervising the custodial staff; overseeing contractors for building and equipment maintenance; coordinating with the museum’s operational staff for the use of LASM’s facilities for programs and events.
Application: Send resume with three professional references to email@example.com with subject line “Building Supervisor.”
Department: Development and Communications
Position Type: Exempt, full-time
Education, Experience, and Aptitude:
Excellent written and spoken communication skills are essential. Academic or professional background in art, art history, science, and/or education is desirable. Candidates should demonstrate interpersonal skills for building relationships and networking and possess a high degree of energy. Must be able to set and meet goals, having the ability to think and plan strategically. Experience or aptitude for leading and motivating volunteers is helpful.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Personally engaging, friendly and outgoing
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Ability to operate within budgets
• Ability to work across departments in fast-paced environment
• Excellent computer skills required
Job Description: The successful Development Coordinator advances LASM’s mission and long-term success by securing revenue and assisting the Director of Development as needed. Key areas of responsibility:
• Coordinates and presents an annual fundraising event (net of $175,000 in 2014)
• Works with volunteer committees to facilitate a social event that attracts 700+ gala attendees from the community
• Develops and implements strategies for building membership and increasing membership dollars
• Tracks and stewards the renewal process and implements membership retention strategies, such as Member Night event
• Maintains donor database and member correspondence (renewal/thank you) calendar
Applying: Send a letter introducing yourself and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org; please include your last name and “Development Coordinator" in the subject line. References will not be contacted without your permission.
Museum Guide (rolling applications accepted)
Museum guides play an important role at LASM and contribute to the successful operation of the museum by:
* presenting museum programs to school groups and the general public
* working in coordination with the museum’s operations staff to manage school group visits
* monitoring art exhibitions, interactive exhibits and public spaces to insure that they are safe and secure
* providing visitors with accurate information on LASM’s operations, exhibits and programs
* maintaining an orderly and functional work space
Applicants may apply in person at the visitor services center, Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. or may email their résumé to email@example.com.