Jobs at LASM
Below is a listing of job opportunities currently available at LASM. Please contact LASM about these open positions only.
Position Type: Full time, exempt
Education, Experience, and Aptitude:
The successful candidate will possess: experience managing and performing all duties and responsibilities associated with the custodial upkeep of a large public facility; substantial experience hiring, training, scheduling and supervising custodial personnel; the initiative and aptitude to perform light maintenance projects; and a working knowledge of basic computer operations and software.
• Capable of performing manual labor including light maintenance and custodial duties
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Experienced manager of personnel
• Superior organizational and time management skills
• Effective team leader and team member
• Ability to develop and implement plans and projects
• Resourceful self starter
• Possess a valid Louisiana drivers license
Job description: The successful Building Supervisor advances the museum’s mission by: maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe interior and exterior environment; directing and supervising the custodial staff; overseeing contractors for building and equipment maintenance; coordinating with the museum’s operational staff for the use of LASM’s facilities for programs and events.
Application: Send resume with three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Building Supervisor.”
Museum Guide (rolling applications accepted)
Museum guides play an important role at LASM and contribute to the successful operation of the museum by:
* presenting museum programs to school groups and the general public
* working in coordination with the museum’s operations staff to manage school group visits
* monitoring art exhibitions, interactive exhibits and public spaces to insure that they are safe and secure
* providing visitors with accurate information on LASM’s operations, exhibits and programs
* maintaining an orderly and functional work space
Applicants may apply in person at the visitor services center, Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. or may email their résumé to email@example.com.