Jobs at LASM
Below is a listing of job opportunities currently available at LASM. Please contact LASM about these open positions only.
Louisiana Art & Science Museum’s Pennington Planetarium is seeking a weekend projectionist. Part-time, send resume to email@example.com, PO box 3373, Baton Rouge, La 70802, or fax 225.214.4029.
Museum Guide (rolling applications accepted)
Museum guides play an important role at LASM and contribute to the successful operation of the museum by:
* presenting museum programs to school groups and the general public
* working in coordination with the museum’s operations staff to manage school group visits
* monitoring art exhibitions, interactive exhibits and public spaces to insure that they are safe and secure
* providing visitors with accurate information on LASM’s operations, exhibits and programs
* maintaining an orderly and functional work space
Applicants may apply in person at the visitor services center, Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. or may email their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Type: Exempt, full-time
Education, Experience, and Aptitude: Bachelor’s degree in a discipline that emphasizes writing as an essential skill. Ability to think and plan strategically and to develop and implement effective internal and external communications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Personally engaging, friendly and outgoing
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work across departments in fast-paced environment
• Working knowledge of all forms of online communications, including social media
• Excellent computer skills required
Job Description: The successful Communications Coordinator advances LASM’s mission by creating, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive, integrated communications effort that enhances visibility of programs, increases institutional donor support, and strengthens positioning in the community and region. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for marketing, communications, media relations, and interactive and print publications.
Applying: Send cover letter and esume with references to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Coordinator.” References will not be contacted without your permission.