Work With Us
Jobs at Louisiana Art & Science Museum
Below is a listing of job opportunities currently available at the Art & Science Museum. Please contact the museum about these open positions only.
Applying: Please send a letter of interest, resume, and references firstname.lastname@example.org. References will only be contacted with your permission.
Editor and Communications Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Development & Communications
Position Type: Exempt, 40 hours per week
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, editing experience preferred
- Flexible problem solver who enjoys working in a team environment
- Positive and constructive attitude
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work across departments in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of the print production process
Job Description: Working in concert with the Audience Engagement & Public Relations Manager, the Editor & Communications Coordinator is responsible for articulating a clear, accurate, and appropriate message to the Art & Science Museum’s audience. The successful Editor & Communications Coordinator will advance the Museum’s mission by writing, editing, and proofing copy produced by museum staff; coordinate the design and oversee the printing and timely delivery of all museum publications.
Skill Requirements: Excellent command of grammar, punctuation, syntax, and the Chicago Manual of Style; exceptional writing skills; thorough understanding of the print production process; working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé via email to email@example.com
Applicants may apply in person at the visitor services center, Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. or may email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum Guide (rolling applications accepted)
Museum guides play an important role at Louisiana Art & Science Museum and contribute to the successful operation of the museum by:
- presenting museum programs to school groups and the general public
- working in coordination with the museum’s operations staff to manage school group visits
- monitoring art exhibitions, interactive exhibits and public spaces to insure that they are safe and secure
- providing visitors with accurate information on the museum's operations, exhibits and programs
- maintaining an orderly and functional work space