Work With Us
Jobs at Louisiana Art & Science Museum
Below is a listing of job opportunities currently available at the Art & Science Museum. Please contact the museum about these open positions only.
Applying: Please send a letter of interest, resume, and references firstname.lastname@example.org. References will only be contacted with your permission.
School Group Reservations Coordinator
The Louisiana Art & Science Museum is a nationally recognized organization committed to excellence in educational programming. We are seeking a full-time Group Reservations Coordinator. The work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The ideal candidate will possess superior organizational skills with the ability to plan, organize, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work cooperatively with others. Other relevant competencies include: superior communications skills, attention to detail, and an attitude that is responsive and customer service oriented.
Classroom, educational support, and/or sales experience is highly desirable. Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email resume and a letter of introduction to email@example.com.
Applicants may apply in person at the visitor services center, Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. or may email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum Guide (rolling applications accepted)
Museum guides play an important role at Louisiana Art & Science Museum and contribute to the successful operation of the museum by:
- presenting museum programs to school groups and the general public
- working in coordination with the museum’s operations staff to manage school group visits
- monitoring art exhibitions, interactive exhibits and public spaces to insure that they are safe and secure
- providing visitors with accurate information on the museum's operations, exhibits and programs
- maintaining an orderly and functional work space