Work With Us
Jobs at Louisiana Art & Science Museum
Below is a listing of job opportunities currently available at the Art & Science Museum. Please contact the museum about these open positions only.
Applying: Please send a letter of interest, resume, and references email@example.com. References will only be contacted with your permission.
Applicants may apply in person at the visitor services center, Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. or may email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum Guide (rolling applications accepted)
Museum guides play an important role at Louisiana Art & Science Museum and contribute to the successful operation of the museum by:
- presenting museum programs to school groups and the general public
- working in coordination with the museum’s operations staff to manage school group visits
- monitoring art exhibitions, interactive exhibits and public spaces to insure that they are safe and secure
- providing visitors with accurate information on the museum's operations, exhibits and programs
- maintaining an orderly and functional work space
The successful candidate should have a bachelor's degree with an aptitude for science and a love for art. Teaching or education-related experience is preferred.
Outgoing, positive personality
Excellent communication skills
Superior organizational and time management skills
Energetic, adaptable disposition to engage diverse groups of students (Preschool - Grade 7)
Ability to work a flexible schedule of up to 25 hours per week, primarily on weekdays with occasional weekend activities
Interested applicants may submit a resume to email@example.com (Subject line: Part-time Science Educator).