Location & Parking
Directions to the Museum
Coming from the north:
- Take I-110 south to Business District.
- Exit at Government Street (left-hand exit off I-110).
- Turn right on Government Street and proceed west toward the river. Government Street becomes River Road South as it makes a deep dip and then curves right.
- Louisiana Art & Science Museum is on the left, past the USS Kidd Memorial Museum, and directly across the street from the Old State Capitol.
Coming from the west or south:
- Take I-10 to I-110 (Business District)
- Exit at Convention Street (left-hand exit off I-110).
- Travel west (toward the Mississippi River) nine blocks until Convention Street ends. Take a left. Louisiana Art & Science Museum is immediately on your right.
Coming from the east:
- Take I-12 to I-10 to I-110 (Business District).
- Exit at Convention Street (left-hand exit of I-110).
- Travel west (toward the Mississippi River) nine blocks until Convention ends. Take a left. Louisiana Art & Science Museum is immediately on your right.
Automobile and Van Parking
Metered parking may be available across the street from the Art & Science Museum, in front of the Old State Capitol, on River Road. Additional street parking is available on surrounding streets (see map). For a complete parking guide for the downtown area, please visit the Baton Rouge Downtown Development District Website. Note: Please do not park Vans in areas that are designated for bus parking.
Bus Drop-off and Pick-up
Due to limited parking, busses are required to park offsite. However, a safe area to drop-off and pick-up students is available near the entrance of the Art & Science Museum (see map). Remember that parking is not permitted in this area. Do not block traffic on River Road to drop off or pick up passengers. Offsite bus parking is provided under Interstate 10 and at North Boulevard (see map). Please remember to coordinate a pickup time with your driver.
Capital Transportation Corporation buses on the Florida Boulevard route stop on River Road directly across from the Art & Science Museum. For more information on routes and schedules, visit the CTC website or call CTC’s Info Line at 225.336.0821