Work With Us
Jobs at Louisiana Art & Science Museum
Below is a listing of job opportunities currently available at the Art & Science Museum. Please contact the Museum about these open positions only.
Applying: Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will only be contacted with your permission.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Job Title: Finance Administrator
Supervisor: President & Executive Director
Position Type: Exempt, full-time, 40 hours/week
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Skills & Qualifications:
Three years of experience in accounting
Non-profit experience preferred
Excellent organizational skills
Exceptional attention to detail
Knowledge of basic accounting practices
Must know QuickBooks
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Job Summary: The Finance Administrator prepares and maintains monthly and year-end accounting records; prepares sales-tax and governmental reports; oversees museum banking operations and prepares daily deposits; maintains personnel records, prepares payroll, and manages employee benefit programs
Responsibilities & Duties:
Personnel records, payroll, and employee benefits programs
- Maintain employee records (application, résumé, supervisor reports, tax forms, employee status reports)
- Serve as administrator of health insurance, cafeteria, and retirement plans; maintain employee leave records (sick and vacation)
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll reports and coordinate with payroll service
Monthly and year-end accounting records, sales-tax reports, and governmental reporting records
- Prepare monthly revenue and expense reports for the President & Executive Director
- Prepare monthly revenue and sales-tax report and submit to the city and state
- Prepare yearly reports (workers’ comp, OSHA, Depts. of Labor and Commerce)
- Collect financial data for grants
Museum’s banking operations and daily deposits
- Collect daily receipts and reconcile with revenue reports, daily deposits
- Reconcile monthly bank statements with accounting software
- Pay all invoices and oversee the invoicing for accounts receivable
- Keep record of accounts payable and receivable
- Provide auditor with financial data and reports for annual audit
Other duties as assigned.
Applicants may apply in person at the visitor services center, Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. or may email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum Guide (rolling applications accepted)
Museum guides play an important role at Louisiana Art & Science Museum and contribute to the successful operation of the Museum by:
- Presenting Museum programs to school groups and the general public.
- Working in coordination with the Museum’s operations staff to manage school group visits.
- Monitoring art exhibitions, interactive exhibits, and public spaces to ensure that they are safe and secure.
- Providing visitors with accurate information about the Museum's operations, exhibits, and programs.
- Maintaining an orderly and functional work space.