Work With Us
Jobs at Louisiana Art & Science Museum
Please disregard the note below "Part Time" asking to apply in person at the visitor services desk.
Applying: Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. References will only be contacted with your permission.
Job Title: Museum Educator
Supervisor: Director of Education
Position Type: Non-exempt, full-time
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a science-related field preferred
Skills & Qualifications:
- Highly-effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively across disciplines and departments
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a commitment to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Highly-effective facilitation skills
- Positive, proactive, action-oriented problem solver
- Flexible, reliable, and conscientious team player
- Demonstrated experience in educational research and curriculum development
- Knowledge of best practices in education and state standards
- Teaching experience preferred
Job Summary: The Museum Educator researches, develops, and presents hands-on art and science classes, guided explorations, planetarium presentations, and auditorium programs for school audiences based on the Louisiana Student Standards, Benchmarks, and curriculum requirements. The Museum Educator also presents educational programs for weekend public family audiences.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Present hands-on art and science classes, guided explorations, planetarium presentations, and auditorium programs for school audiences
- Present educational programs for weekend public family audiences
- Provide organizational and logistical support for school and public family programs
- Assist with set-up and take-down of program equipment and supplies
- Assist with ordering, maintaining, and organizing program equipment and supplies
- Assist in training of gallery guides and volunteers
- Research and develop interdisciplinary educational programs based on the Louisiana Student Standards, Benchmarks, and curriculum requirements
- Communicate with the Operations Team to ensure a positive visitor experience
- Work collaboratively with all museum staff to contribute to a positive workplace culture
Other duties as assigned.
Applicants may apply in person at the visitor services center, Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. or may email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.