Hours & Admissions
ATTENTION: To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have reopened with the restricted hours below and to the capacity allowed by law. Our hands-on children's galleries Discovery Depot Gallery & Science Station are closed at this time. We continue to expand your online access to virtual programming. To access these free resources, hosted at virtual-lasm.org and sponsored by Healthy Blue Louisiana, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, AT&T, the Louisiana Lottery Corporation, and BASF, click here.
|Sunday - Wednesday||Closed|
|Thursday & Friday||Open 9:30 AM - 2 PM|
|Saturday||Open 9:30 AM - 5 PM*|
*On Saturdays, the last entry of the day will be admitted at 4 PM, which is when the last Irene W. Pennington Planetarium show of the day begins.
The Museum is closed on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, and on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Mardi Gras, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Access to all galleries and unlimited planetarium shows is included with admission.
Admission may be purchased at the door.
Children (3-12) & Seniors (65+)
*Plus all applicable taxes.
Active duty military, first responders, and their families receive free admission as part of the Blue Star Museums Program, sponsored by VFIS Special Risk Insurance of Louisiana/Mississippi.
We also participate in the reciprocal membership benefits of the Association of Science-Technology Centers and North American Reciprocal Museums. Click here to learn more.
The first 10 people who arrive at the Museum each day can park in the employee lot at the north end of our building, opposite the Irene W. Pennington Planetarium. The gate will be up and visitors can walk around to the front door of the Museum located on River Road.
Safety Information/Mask Guidelines:
- In cooperation with the statewide mask mandate and with CDC recommendations, LASM respectfully requires that individuals ages 2 and up wear masks at all times while visiting the Museum. We appreciate your assistance as we do our very best to provide a safe environment for our visitors, members, and staff!
- Disposable masks will be provided free-of-charge to those who arrive at the Museum without one.
- We understand that some patrons may not be comfortable with this policy; in that case, we invite them to return in the future after the risk to public health declines.
- If a visitor has a documented medical exemption due to a health condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, they will be allowed to enter the Museum upon presentation of a note from their physician. Virtual access to LASM is also available 24/7 at virtual-lasm.org, so please engage with us online as well.
- Based on recent research, gaiters and bandannas are discouraged in the Museum and not permitted in the Irene W. Planetarium in-line with the AMC movie theatre policies and considering the enclosed nature of the space. Please have a mask on us if you plan to go into the Irene W. Pennington Planetarium!