Hours & Admissions
ATTENTION: In cooperation with our local government and health agencies, to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have reopened with the restricted hours below and to the capacity allowed by law. Our hands-on children's galleries Discovery Depot Gallery & Science Station Gallery are closed at this time. We continue to work to create online access to virtual programming. To access these free resources, hosted at virtual-lasm.org and sponsored by Healthy Blue Louisiana, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, AT&T, and the Louisiana Lottery Corporation, click here.
|Sunday - Wednesday||Closed|
|Thursday & Friday||Open 9:30 AM - 2 PM|
|Saturday||Open 9:30 AM - 5 PM*|
*On Saturdays, the last entry of the day will be admitted at 4 PM, which is when the last Irene W. Pennington Planetarium show of the day begins.
The Museum is closed on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, and on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Mardi Gras, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Access to all galleries and unlimited planetarium shows is included with admission.
Admission may be purchased at the door.
Children (3-12) & Seniors (65+)
*Plus all applicable taxes.
Active duty military, first responders, and their families receive free admission as part of the Blue Star Museums Program, sponsored by VFIS Special Risk Insurance of Louisiana/Mississippi.
We also participate in the reciprocal membership benefits of the Association of Science-Technology Centers and North American Reciprocal Museums. Click here to learn more.
Safety Information/Mask Guidelines:
- In cooperation with the statewide mask mandate and with CDC recommendations, LASM respectfully requires that individuals ages 2 and up wear masks at all times while visiting the Museum.
- Disposable masks will be provided free-of-charge to those who arrive at the Museum without one.
- We understand that some patrons may not be comfortable with this policy, and in that case, we invite them to return in the future after the risk to public health declines.
- We appreciate your assistance as we do our very best to provide a safe environment for all of our visitors and our staff.
- If a visitor has a documented medical exemption due to a health condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, they will be allowed to enter the Museum upon presentation of a note from their physician. Virtual access is also available 24/7 at virtual-lasm.org, so please engage with us online as well.
- Based on recent research, gaiters and bandannas are discouraged in the museum and not permitted in the Irene W. Planetarium in line with the AMC movie theatre policies. Please have a mask on us if you plan to go into the Irene W. Pennington Planetarium!
- Irene W. Pennington Planetarium: With regard to neck gaiters, according to the CDC, evaluation is ongoing, but effectiveness is unknown at this time. In keeping with policies recommended for movie theaters, we are asking that neck gaiters and bandannas not be worn while visiting the Irene W. Planetarium due to the enclosed nature of this space. We are always happy to provide visitors with a disposable mask free-of-charge. Feel free to have a mask on us!